Friday 16 July 2010

The Search for Seed Funding

Today I've entered the pitch for my new drama to Kickstarter.com but as they're in beta at the moment I won't know immediately whether my project will be accepted. In the meantime I've made a separate site to raise funding; childrenofguantanamo.wordpress.com.

For the past several weeks I've been in New York staying with my father and attending endless hospital appointments with my mother who is suffering from heart failure. I've been isolating myself socially as a result and my stay has been a bit like Anne Frank meets Sex in the City (minus the sex). This is the first summer I've spent in my hometown since 1993 and I wish I could extend my stay a bit longer but the change fee will be $300, a princely sum whilst I can barely afford a cup of coffee. The best I can do is pray for volcanic ash.

Today the search for a quiet place for an internet connection has been more like The Search for Spock but I can't complain; my tumours are gone, I'm walking again and my hometown is a beautiful place even in the 90 degree summer heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment